Bad Hot Summer Jobs

I was talking yesterday about the worst job to have in this oppressive summer heat, citing those guys who lay down hot tar and asphalt as my choice.  Listeners suggested repairing anything in a stifling un-air-conditioned attic, working in an aluminum foundry, and emptying porta-potties.  All of those make me happy to have a job where Willis Carrier's invention makes life a lot more comfortable.

Then Nate sent this e-mail:  "I grew up in Hardin Il, a farming community and in the summer we would have to climb in the hugs silos that store the corn, and clean them out. Imagine being in a huge tin oven, no ventalation with rotting corn everywhere. It was the worst job that I ever had to do. For that matter, anything on a farm in this weather is horrible, especialy with livestock."