- After five years on the job, Elizabeth Bumiller is stepping down as White House correspondent for the NY Times, and writes about the experience in this piece.
- Ken Levine provides some insider info on one of the most famous "M*A*S*H" episodes, the one where Henry Blake died while en route home.
- I was going to write about what a disaster the upcoming Whoopi Goldberg morning radio show will be -- how it has about as much chance of success as David Lee Roth's did -- but Perry Michael Simon beat me to it and says all the things I was going to say. Perry is one of the top thinkers on the subject of personality radio, having programmed and consulted several stations to success, and now writing about them as a columnist.
- Tom Shales says we're in the midst of another Golden Age of Television Drama.
- Bob Sassone lists five talk show guests he'd rather not watch.
- There's no transcript or video available of Stephen Colbert's commencement speech at Knox College yesterday (though one may show up on YouTube soon), so here's a summary.
Sunday, June 04, 2006
posted at 11:30 AM