Gavin Edwards of Rolling Stone magazine has compiled some of his favorite questions about rock and roll mysteries, myths, and urban legends, into a book, "Is Tiny Dancer Really Elton's Little John?" This afternoon on my KMOX show, he answered that questions and many others, including:
- Did Randy Bachman sing "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" to mock his brother's stuttering?
- Does The Beatles' "Norwegian Wood" end with the guy burning down the woman's apartment?
- Where did band names like Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, and Wang Chung come from?
- Does John Mayer really see music as colors?
- In Def Leppard's "Rock of Ages," what the heck does "Gunter Gleeben Glausen Globen" mean?
- It's been a quarter-century since the first CDs came out -- are they going to start disintegrating soon, or will they last forever?