Monday, July 30, 2007

Flying Car

Friday on my KMOX show, I spoke with Bruce Calkins, general manager of Moller International, the company that has been trying to bring a Flying Car to market for several years.

He claims they have one now that would go for about $90,000 -- much less than the previous models, which would have cost close to a million. I asked him when they were delivering mine, whether I'd need an FAA license to fly it, and how quickly it would get me up and above the coming traffic snarls during The Big Fix on Highway Forty.

Personally, I'd like to get one of these and take it to a convention of people who believe we've been visited by UFOs, then hover above them and speak in some sort of robotic alien voice.

Listen.


Here's video of the M200X Volantor flying car in action, with inventor Paul Moller at the joystick. You'll notice a crane with a tether to the top of the car -- I believe that's just a safety harness, not part of the mechanics of lifting and moving the vehicle...