Tuesday, December 18, 2007

15 Days Until Highway 40 Closure

With just over two weeks until Highway 40 closes, I had Dan Galvin (Gateway Constructors) and Linda Wilson (MODOT) on my KMOX show this afternoon to answer questions about the project from me and lots of listeners.

We discussed the striping problem on I-44 which has to be done by the end of the year, whether MODOT will avoid doing construction on adjacent roads and highways during the two years 40 will be unavailable, how north-south bridges and streets will be affected, and much more.

I also got their reaction to Joe Passanise's comments on my show yesterday, when he accused MODOT of not doing an economic impact statement (turns out they did two), and hoped to build enough public support to keep the highway open. Joe had a meeting about it last night, and attracted only about three dozen supporters. Chances of success at this point: zero.

Listen.


Here's the MODOT website for The Big Fix, as we're calling it.