Final Table #52: Steven Begleiter


Today on my poker radio show, The Final Table, Dennis Phillips and I were in the poker room at Harrah's St. Louis, where another local player just hit a bad beat jackpot -- this time for $113,500 -- with an incredible flop! We have all the details.

In our guest segment, we were joined by Steven Begleiter, one of the 2009 November Nine, who finished 6th at the final table of the WSOP Main Event a couple of months ago. We talked with him about the coaches who helped him prepare for the event, the advice he'd give the next group of November Nine, and how he assessed some of the other players, including Phil Ivey, Joe Cada, and Darvin Moon.

In our tournament segment, I talked about playing over the weekend in a World Series Of Poker Circuit event in Tunica, Mississippi, where I scored my second cash of the year by finishing 14th. With Joe "The Poker Coach" McGowan joining the analysis, we talked about two key hands I played in the tournament (although neither of them is representative of the vast majority of hands I played during the event).

Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!

Labels: , ,