This week on the Final Table radio show, Dennis Phillips and I talked with Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi, who not only won the $50,000 Player's Championship (his first bracelet) to start the 2010 World Series Of Poker, but finished it by outlasting 7,310 other players in the Main Event to become one of this year's November Nine.
We talked to Mizrachi from Cyprus, where he and his friend Chino Rheem are spending a few days playing in tournaments and enjoying vacation. Among the topics we covered:
- what his strategy will be at the final table this fall;
- whether he changed his play to ensure he'd make the November Nine
- how he knocked his brother out of the $50k event by getting lucky with a weaker hand;
- what's happened to the poker scene in his home state of Florida now that the limits have been lifted;
- whether he pays attention to the race for Player Of The Year, where he stands on the all-time tournament money list (12th at the moment), and other impressive statistics he's racked up.
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
Follow us on Twitter: Dennis is here, Paul is here.