Twisted Toy


I have no idea why I thought of the Slinky song yesterday. I can't remember seeing a commercial for Slinky for a couple of decades, and yet I couldn't get the theme out of my head.

This is the version that aired in the 1960s. It's a good thing it ran a full minute, so they had time to show all of the possible uses for a Slinky -- make it move from hand to hand, make it walk down the stairs, and, well, that's about it. You're done. But if that's not enough excitement for you, you can always look forward to the second time you play with it, when the metal Slinky coil has somehow gotten twisted and no longer closes correctly.

Whoo-hoo! What fun!

Let's all sing together: "It's Slinky, it's Slinky, it's such a wonderful toy! It's Slinky, it's Slinky, the toy that every kid threw under the bed and left there until the family moved!"

Labels: