Random tweets about the Super Bowl broadcast:
And my tweets about the commercials that ran in the Super Bowl telecast:
- This is the 45th consecutive Super Bowl I've watched without eating any tofu
- Love the irony of an "excessive celebration" penalty at the Super Bowl, the sporting event that singularly redefines excess.
- The three best Super Bowl commercials: Volkswagens Darth Vader + Dad, Bud Light's Product Placement On A Film Set & Chevy's Tommy In A Well.
- Special Mention for the montage of TV clips -- from all networks -- promoting the NFL.
- Michael Douglas: the depression, the civil rights movement, the 9/11 attacks, and the Super Bowl are all the same thing?
- Using Sam Elliott to introduce both teams must mean that the NFL couldn't afford homeless voice guy Ted Williams
- Good to see Adam Sandler doing high-class comedy again in his new movie w/Jennifer Aniston. Cerebral really sells for him.
- What's the over/under on how many minutes into the game we'll see a commercial for a movie whose target audience includes me?
- Living Social is a good Groupon competitor, but their ad seems say that using their service turns men into transvestites
- Meanwhile, Groupon went for forced controversy that didn't work in its Tim Hutton/Tibet spot.
- Audi, the official car of escaped prisoners.
- Dual Message: wash down Doritos (which turn you into the office creep) with PepsiMax (which turns your wife into a violent bitch)
- No other vehicle flies down the steps of an ancient pyramid like Kia, the #1 car of dead civilizations.
- Tomorrow, no one will remember what product Eminem was selling w/Claymation. Tonight, no one cares.
- After the Budweiser "Tiny Dancer" spot, Cameron Crowe is wondering why he didn't remake "Almost Famous" as a western
- Classic rock still rules in SB commercials: David Bowie's "Changes," Elton John's "Tiny Dancer," Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze," Ram Jam's "Black Betty," Janis Joplin's "Mercedes Benz."
- Too bad Mini stole Simon Cowell's thunder using "Cram It In The Boot." He was going to use it in an X Factor promo as a JLo reference.
- Eminem's Chrysler has just been towed from the no-parking zone in front of the Fox theater, cuz that's what they do in Detroit.
- The Bridgestone beaver spot didn't make me want to buy tires, but it did make me want to swerve around roadkill more often.
- Hugh Laurie as Mean Greg House + kid w/churro + cane toss = funny
- Does anyone still fall for GoDaddy's go-to-our-website-for-more tease? Doubtful.