Today on The Final Table poker radio show, we talked with Phil Hellmuth, owner of 11 World Series of Poker bracelets, who almost won his 12th this summer, finishing 2nd in 3 WSOP events and cashing in 2 others.
While Hellmuth still has a big ego, he did quiet some of his critics with his performance this summer, and you'll hear no evidence of The Poker Brat in our conversation. He was remarkably blunt in admitting mistakes he made when it got to heads-up in the $50k Poker Players Championship, analyzing several hands in detail and explaining why he regrets playing them the way he did.
We also talked to him about:
- why he's still haunted by some of those hands;
- how he improved his non-hold-em games, and who helped him;
- his advice for this year's November Nine;
- why he gave props to Minh Ly when he was eliminated 3rd in the PPC;
- whether he'll play in the upcoming Epic Poker League, and whether it's good for the game.
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
We do The Final Table show every Tuesday 3pm to 4pm CT on 590 KFNS radio from the poker room of Harrah's St. Louis.