Dark Knight Only Rises In 2 Dimensions

I wrote recently about my dislike for movies in 3-D after stupidly paying a few extra bucks to see the latest "Men In Black" sequel with those goofy glasses on, just to see pointy objects coming at the camera for no reason. So I'm glad to see that Christopher Nolan, whose "Dark Knight Rises" Batman sequel is about to blow up box offices, agrees with me about the technology:
“The question of 3-D is a very straightforward one. I never meet anybody who actually likes the format, and it’s always a source of great concern to me when you’re charging a higher price for something that nobody seems to really say they have any great love for. It’s up to the audience to tell us how they want to watch the movies. More people go see these films in 2-D, and so it’s difficult data to interpret. And I certainly don’t want to shoot in a format just to charge people a higher ticket price.”