From my Twitter feed...
- The new pope got the job because he raised the most money on Kickstarter.
- Can't wait to hear Beyonce sing the Vatican national anthem.
- When do they start throwing beads from the St. Peter's balcony to the women below?
- Matt Lauer just announced that it's not his fault that Ann Curry wasn't named pope.
- The new pope should've started his speech with a joke -- a cardinal, a priest, and a nun walk into a bar...
- After the pope's speech is over, I wonder if CNN, Fox, and MSNBC will carry coverage of the rebuttal.
- To celebrate the new pope, the Entenmann's outlet store near the Vatican has put up a sign, "Habemus Pop'Ems!"
- I wish they'd picked a black pope, just to see the crowd in Vatican Square react like the residents of Rock Ridge when Cleavon Little showed up.