Listen to me on KTRS/St. Louis every Friday, 3-6pm CT

Sunday, May 19, 2013

The AP vs. Justice

Last week, the Associated Press revealed that the Justice Department had secretly seized phone records from AP reporters and editors after they ran a story last spring about the CIA quashing an Al Qaeda plot to blow up a passenger jet. Today on my America Weekend show, I talked about these revelations with Susan McGregor, assistant professor at the Columbia University School of Journalism. I asked her what effect this will have on the right of a free press to report on our government, the impact on the use of anonymous sources, and whether a federal shield law would have helped protect the reporters and editors in this case.

Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!

In this conversation, I reference an earlier interview with Robert Greenwald about his documentary on the Obama administration's "War On Whistleblowers." You can listen to that interview here.