Don Lemon on MLK's Dream

Don Lemon has a special airing on CNN at 8pm CT tonight about the upcoming 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King's "I Have A Dream" speech, which I consider the greatest oratory in the history of this nation. I talked with Don on KTRS about that historic day in Washington, and the fact that King ad-libbed the final five minutes -- the entire "I Have A Dream" section did not appear on the written version of the speech. I also asked him how much of the dream has been attained. Don also talked about others who were there, including Congressman John Lewis (who was the youngest speaker that day) and Rachel Horowitz, who worked in the office to help organize the March On Washington but missed the whole thing.

Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!

Don Lemon's special, "We Were There: The March On Washington, An Oral History," airs tonight at 8pm CT and will repeat Sunday night.

Labels: