On my America Weekend show, I enjoyed talking with Brian Jay Jones, who has written an authorized biography of Jim Henson, the man behind the Muppets. Among the topics we covered:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- how "The Muppet Show" worked on different levels for kids and adults;
- why the Muppets didn't interact with the humans in early episodes of "Sesame Street";
- the turmoil of the year the Muppets spent on "Saturday Night Live";
- how Kermit rode a bicycle in the original "Muppet Movie";
- was there really a group of Muppet groupies;
- whether Henson eschewed real medicine, thus exacerbating his death in 1990.
Labels: movies, podcasts, television