Working, But Not At The Office


More and more people aren't going to the office every day because they're working from home or some other remote location. On my America Weekend show, David Heinemeier Hanson, co-author of "Remote: Office Not Required," says the trend is good for both employer and employee, in that it leads to more productivity and job satisfaction, and can be a big money- and time-saver.

As someone who works from home, I agree, although it makes outsiders think that, since I don't see an employer face-to-face every day, I must not be working very hard. In reality, the opposite is true. I don't have to sit through meetings, I don't waste time standing around the office talking about last night's football game or what happened over the weekend. I can focus on what I need to do, and get it done on my own schedule -- and as long as I get it done, who cares when I do it or how I'm dressed?

Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!

Labels: