Every year, prominent psychics made predictions about what will happen in the next 12 months. These are the con artists who lie about being able to foresee the future, yet make money every year from media outlets and victims who don't bother checking to see how accurate they've been in the past. That's why I'm happy to see a piece like this that holds them accountable -- not only for predictions that were blatantly wrong, but for major events they did not forecast:
The psychics didn't mention any of those, but take a look at the predictions they did make -- and got wrong.
- The Boston Marathon bombings;
- The surprising resignation of Pope Benedict XVI;
- The revelation of PRISM and the NSA spying scandal revealed by Ed Snowden;
- The meteor which exploded over the Russian city of Chelyabinsk;
- The typhoon that killed more than 5,600 in the Philippines and Vietnam;
- Iran agreeing to limit their nuclear development program in exchange for sanctions relief;
- William and Kate’s royal baby, Prince George;
- The Rob Ford crack cocaine scandal;
- The recovery of Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus, and Michelle Knight from Ariel Castro's house of horrors in Cleveland.