Most Outrageous Labor Story Of The Day

While I once liked Jimmy John's subs, I stopped eating there several years ago after finding out that the company's owner donates huge amounts of money to right-wing politicians and causes, is trying to crush employees' attempts to unionize, and enjoys hunting big game like elephants and leopards. If none of those had caused me to spend my lunch money elsewhere, this story in the Huffington Post would. 

Dave Jamieson reports that Jimmy John's makes its employees sign non-compete agreements that would effectively keep them from working for any other business that makes sandwiches in almost the entire United States -- for two years! I could see making your top executives (the ones who know the corporate secrets) sign such paperwork, but what confidential information are you worried about being divulged by some teenager slapping ham and cheese and tomato and lettuce on a sub for minimum wage?