"Faster, Higher, Stronger" isn't just the Olympics motto ("Citius, Altius, Fortius"). It's also the title of a fascinating new book by Mark McClusky, subtitled "How Sports Science Is Creating A New Generation Of Superathletes," When Mark joined me on KTRS, the topics we covered included:
- Is there such a thing as a modern athlete who excels on just talent?
- Is there a lot of snake oil being sold to athletes?
- What's the effect of long road trips on teams on the coasts vs. middle of America?
- Does playing "Madden NFL" and similar video games make players better?
- Is America the best at Sports Science?
- How does Usain Bolt, world's fastest man, compare to Jesse Owens?