David Pogue of Yahoo Tech was back on my show to talk about his new book, "Pogue's Basics," which makes up for all those owner's manuals you don't get with your smartphone, tablet, or other electronic devices. The book is full of about 200 features you probably didn't know your device has, many of which I was amazed to discover, including a few examples he mentioned on the air:
- how to keep the battery from running down so quickly;
- why your iPad isn't charging even when it's plugged in;
- how to avoid hunting for the period on your phone keyboard at the end of a sentence;
- how to re-call the last number you dialed without pressing multiple buttons;
- how to access the secret e-mail account you didn't know you have on Facebook.