Here's my conversation with Bruce Schneier, who has been writing about privacy and security issues for years, including his new book, "Data and Goliath: The Hidden Battles to Control Your Data and Control Your World." We discussed:
- Are we giving up too much information voluntarily in exchange for free services?
- What are data brokers gathering about us, who are they selling it to?
- Are private companies doing enough to shield our data from government?
- How companies and law enforcement can use your cell phone to know where you’ll be tomorrow.
- Whether the NSA can process the huge amounts of surveillance info it is gathering on all of us.
- The war on terror as an excuse to get into anyone’s computer, and its chilling effect on free speech and thought.