The Daily Burden

In a profile of Jon Stewart by Hadley Freeman, in which he explains why he's giving up "The Daily Show" anchor chair later this year, he's asked about having to watch cable news outlets to gather material...
“Watching these channels all day is incredibly depressing,” says Stewart. “I live in a constant state of depression. I think of us as turd miners. I put on my helmet, I go and mine turds, hopefully I don’t get turd lung disease.”

Now that he is leaving The Daily Show, is there any circumstance in which he would watch Fox News again? He takes a few seconds to ponder the question. "Umm... All right, let’s say that it’s a nuclear winter, and I have been wandering, and there appears to be a flickering light through what appears to be a radioactive cloud and I think that light might be a food source that could help my family. I might glance at it for a moment until I realize, that’s Fox News, and then I shut it off. That’s the circumstance."
Read Freeman's full piece here.

Labels: