Colossus Update

Well, that's that. I just busted out of the third flight of the Colossus tournament at the World Series Of Poker. I didn't play badly (I am brutally honest with myself about this) and I didn't suffer any bad beats. I just couldn't get anything going. Frustrating as hell.

The only positive is that I was knocked out relatively early in each flight (4 hours, 2 hours, 3 hours respectively), instead of staying alive for a long time but not getting into the money. In this tournament, the first person out ties with the 19,000th person out -- neither gets a return on their investment -- but the former didn't waste as many hours for that zero payoff.

So, now I'm off to my favorite Chinese dim sum restaurant in Vegas, Ping Pang Pong, and then I'll find a cash game and try to win back the money I tossed away in the Colossus.