Here's my conversation with Professor Chris Impey, head of the University of Arizona astronomy department, and author of "Beyond: Our Future In Space." Among the many topics we covered:
- How soon humans might live in space, such as on Mars or the moon;
- What a space elevator is and how it could help us launch rockets further into space;
- Whether humans could hibernate for long periods to make distant space travel possible;
- Why humans have to go in space when we can send robots and control them like a video game;
- What we should do about deflecting asteroids that might eventually be on a collision course with Earth.