"American Experience" on PBS will have an episode devoted to Bonnie and Clyde next month. After watching a DVD screener, I invited director/writer John Maggio to join me and discuss:
- Why did people line up by the thousands for Clyde's funeral?
- Notoriety would seem to be bad for business -- did they chase fame?
- Did they live a glamorous life?
- Why were they killed instead of caught?
- What's the story behind the iconic photo of Bonnie leaning on a car, holding a pistol with a cigar in her mouth?
- What did Bonnie and Clyde's relatives think of the 1967 Faye Dunaway/Warren Beatty movie about them?
Maggio's documentary will debut on PBS on January 19th.
, then click here
to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
Labels: podcasts, television