Here's my conversation with Kevin Hazzard, who spent 10 years as a paramedic in Atlanta, Georgia, and writes about his adventures in "A Thousand Naked Strangers: A Paramedic's Wild Ride To the Edge And Back." Among the questions I asked him:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- Is it fun to drive an ambulance?
- Do drivers always get out of the way?
- Were most of the people you helped naked?
- What did you learn about the American health care system?
- Did people ever used you for rides as if you were an Uber driver?
- Did you ever administer Naloxone, the drug that supposedly reverses a heroin overdose?
- Did you encounter people who fought you because they did not want to go to the hospital?
- What was it like to do your job in some of the city's most dangerous neighborhoods?