Wendell Potter was back on my show today to talk about his new book, "Nation On The Take: How Big Money Corrupts Our Democracy and What We Can Do About It" (read an excerpt here). Among the questions we discussed:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- How much time do our elected representatives spend fundraising?
- How much money do they need?
- Will a corrupt system ever be repaired by the very elected officials who benefit from it?
- Super PACs are supposed to be run independently of candidates and their campaigns -- are they?
- Who is the #1 person blocking campaign finance reform in Congress?
- Does big money have even more impact at the state and local levels?
- Do states with public financing laws have more competitive races?
Previously on Harris Online...
Labels: author, podcasts, politics