Here's my conversation with David Bianculli, editor of TVWorthWatching.com and TV critic for NPR's "Fresh Air," about his new book, "The Platinum Age Of Television." Among the topics we discussed:
- When the "platinum age" of TV began and which shows made it worthy of that title.
- His awkward interview with Louis CK, who remembered a negative review David gave to one of his earlier shows.
- Whether we have too much television, and how anyone can possibly keep up with everything that's available.
- What he thinks of CBS airing colorized versions of "The Dick Van Dyke Show" this Sunday night.
- How going back to watch vintage TV shows we loved as kids might not be such a good idea.
- The legacy of TV executive Grant Tinker, who died last week.