Tom Nichols has published the perfect book for current day America. It's called "The Death Of Expertise: The Campaign Against Established Knowledge And Why It Matters." I enjoyed reading it so much I invited him onto my radio show so we could discuss:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- The difference between fake news, propaganda, and mistakes;
- The consequences of rejecting expertise;
- The role social media plays in spreading false information;
- How "trending stories" on Facebook aren't chosen by importance, but by popularity;
- The demands for evidence that journalists should place on the people they interview;
- What happens when experts are wrong (the "eggs will kill you" story);
- How our current president fits into this dangerous phenomenon.
Labels: author, podcasts, politics