With the death of Hugh Hefner this week at age 91, I called upon Patty Farmer to discuss his legacy because she worked with him on her books, "Playboy Laughs: The Comedy, Comedians, and Cartoons of Playboy" and "Playboy Swings: How Hugh Hefner and Playboy Changed the Face of Music."
Among the topics we discussed:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- Hefner always contended he was not exploiting women, but his detractors said he was using women as objects;
- How Playboy lost its way in the internet era;
- Hefner's groundbreaking TV shows, "Playboy Penthouse" and "Playboy After Dark."
- The impact of the Playboy Clubs on comedy and music;
- Hefner’s involvement in the civil rights movement;
- Why Playboy actually was worth reading for the articles.
Labels: author, podcasts