Here's my conversation with Bob Schieffer, longtime CBS news anchor/reporter/analyst, about his new book, "Overload: Finding The Truth In Today's Deluge Of News." Among the questions I asked him:
Listen, then click here to subscribe to these podcasts via iTunes!
- Is our current situation proof that more information doesn’t equal better information?
- Do you consider this a national security issue?
- Do you know any reporter who made up a story and kept their job?
- How did you handle it on "Face The Nation" when politicians lied straight to your face?
- How bad do you believe Russia's role is in the creation and distribution of bogus news stories?
- What do you think of Trump's attacks on the press?
- Why can’t the media ignore Trump's tweets as if they were just the kind of nonsense your drunk uncle says at Thanksgiving?
- Does it bother you that cable news outlets spend all day with panels of pundits, rather than reporting?
- Is it the responsibility of Facebook and Twitter to reduce the distribution of bogus stories?
Labels: author, podcasts, politics, theater